Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves 2)


Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves 2)
by Quinn Loftis 
Rating: 4/5


Summary:
  With the challenge complete and the corrupt Alpha of Coldspring defeated Fane is now free to complete the mate bond with Jacque and perform the Blood Rites. Although the challenge is done, the affects are far reaching. Once it is known that Vasile, one of the strongest Alphas in the world is in America, specifically Coldspring, TX, there is one Alpha who cannot over look the significance of this. An Alpha who happens to share Jacque's DNA, but is this the one she needs to fear? 

With her mom driving and her two best friends, Jen and Sally in tow, Jacque sets off for her happily ever after. She will soon realize a plan has been put in motion that will change her course and possibly tear her from Fane's grasp forever. It will take a wolf pack, her mother's love, her two best friend's unrelenting determination, her own will to survive and the undying love of her mate to bring her home. The question remains, if she fights, if she endures, who will she be, what will be left once she is back in her mates arms?

My Review:
 Before I give my review on the book I just want to say that I love this cover I don't know what it is exactly but it really caught my eye it is beautiful and dangerous at the same time just awesome!!
    I loved the first book of this series (Prince of Wolves) I was excited to get this one and I was not disappointed, although I must say book one was better. I think it was the repeat of another wolf trying to take Jacque, she already has a mate and they still come creeping out of the woodwork trying to take her, does the girl have beer flavored nipples (as the saying goes) or what? I know they do explain this a bit in the book and if you have read it you will know what I mean  (I don't want to give away TOO much), but she has Fane and I just want to tell those other wolves to BACK OFF!!!!
When I saw this picture I couldn't help thinking about this again, made me giggle a bit lol.
 I really enjoyed the diverse group of people/werewolves in this book some kept me laughing some were brooding and sexy and some showed great courage and strength it was nice to have all these different people pulling together for one common goal. Jen (Jacque's best friend sometimes annoyed me, sometimes I wished she would just shut up, I found myself embarrassed for her, but I'm thinking that we will here more about her in book 3 (Just one Drop) and maybe explain a bit more about her.
I will say that this is a great read if you love the laugh, cry and hang on the edge of your seat, so if you like those things get reading this series. 
  Oh and one last thought..is it just me or does anyone else want a werewolf boyfriend so they can do this:
minus the leash of course as I am sure that would not be appreciated hahaha
HAPPY READING FRIENDS!!!!!! 

  

1 comment:

  1. Steph I love you!!! You are so funny and your reviews are awesome!!!
    Love the pics by the way lol.

    ReplyDelete