Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Monday 10 September 2012

Wake (Watersong 1)

Wake (Watersong 1)
by Amanda Hocking
Rating:4/5

Summary:
Gorgeous. Fearless. Dangerous. They're the kind of girls you envy; the kind of girls you want to hate. Strangers in town for the summer, Penn, Lexi and Thea have caught everyone's attention—but it’s Gemma who’s attracted theirs. She’s the one they’ve chosen to be part of their group.

Gemma seems to have it all—she’s carefree, pretty, and falling in love with Alex, the boy next door. He’s always been just a friend, but this summer they’ve taken their relationship to the next level, and now there’s no going back. Then one night, Gemma’s ordinary life changes forever. She’s taking a late night swim under the stars when she finds Penn, Lexi and Thea partying on the cove. They invite her to join them, and the next morning she wakes up on the beach feeling groggy and sick, knowing something is different.

Suddenly Gemma is stronger, faster, and more beautiful than ever. But her new powers come with a terrifying price. And as she uncovers the truth, she’s is forced to choose between staying with those she loves—or entering a new world brimming with dark hungers and unimaginable secrets.

My Review:
  First of all I want to say I love this cover I know you shouldn't  judge a book by its cover but to be totally honest I usually do, not that it stops me from reading a book trust me I have read some books with some pretty terrible covers, but I tend to be drawn to the ones that are beautiful, dark, or interesting and  this was one of them. I also was pleased when I found the picture on the inside of the cover jacket, if I were only 16 again I would have hung it on my wall lol.
I don't know what it is about water but it makes everything look so magical, I really like this!


At first I wasn't really sure about this one. I am a HUGE Amanda Hocking fan so I was excited to read this one, it started a little slow for me and I didn't think I would like it but it did pick up for me about 100 pages in  and by the time I got to the end I wanted more. The folklore and origin  of the sirens was very interesting.

As always Amanda hocking brings these characters to life I found myself very invested in Gemma and Harper and the people around them. I think I liked Harper the best I am a big sister and I understood her fight to keep her sister safe I loved how fierce her love for her family was and her need to keep them safe and fix everything was endearing. I really hope she can save Gemma and finally let herself be loved by the one boy who tolerates and understands her. Gemma was also very cool she is determined and she knows what she wants I have faith that she will defeat these terrible girls.

Overall I enjoyed this book and I will be awaiting the next installment.
Happy Reading Friends! 


1 comment: