Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Saturday 13 October 2012

The Selection

The Selection (The Selection 1)
by Kiera Cass
Rating:5/5

Summary:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My Review:
 I have had this book for a while now, I have looked it over a few times and even put it in my bag when I worked a night shift but never read it. I am so glad I finally did, although part of me wishes I would have waited since I don't think I can wait til April for the next one I really want to know what happens.
  As soon as I started reading all I could think about was the TV show The Bachelor, and let me tell you I am not a fan of the show but I was a big fan of this book. I was a reminder of it but it was done a lot better it had alot more class and old world charm with just a little girl on girl nastiness to keep it exciting lol.
  I enjoyed America she did alot for other people in the beginning and it lead her to the one thing she didn't want...the selection. She didn't just stand in the corner she made the best of a bad situation and she learned and grew in the process. I really liked how she became a better person in a tough situation and didn't let it define her.
  At first I liked Aspen I thought he was sweet but he let his pride get in the way and he sent America off knowing what might happen, he blew it and I am team Maxon all the way. Maxon is a little bit shy but he  cares about his people and I believe that is the thing that will bring him and America together. It was adorable to watch him  stumble through the selection and I hope he picks America and she comes to her senses and picks him too.
  I was very interested in the rebels and very thrilled with how they were gently woven into the story, not the headline but the underlying story that brings it all together unbeknownst to the characters of the book. I am hoping we will soon discover more about them most of all what they want? and who they are?
  The ending was fantastic I love how it ended on such a positive and I just can't wait to find out more.
  On a final note I thought this cover was beautiful but when I looked up book 2 I found it to be even more beautiful and I wanted to include it in my review and see what you think!
Happy Reading Friends!!!!!

  

2 comments: