Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 4 November 2012

Short Stories

Over the past couple of weeks I have read a few short stories and since they are short there is not much to say usually so I thought I would put a few together her goes:

Before (Heven and Hell 0.5)
by Cambria Hebert
Rating: 4/5
Summary:
What if your life was charmed and everything in it was perfect…
Before.
This is the story of my past. Of what things were like for me when everything was normal. Of what every teenager’s life is like. Clothes. Parties. Boys and summer vacation. What’s so wrong with that? I liked it. I was happy. 
Until things changed. I changed.
I didn’t know that lies and secrets were about to take over my existence. I didn’t know there was someone out there, someone meant just for me. I didn’t know that I was about to go on a journey, a journey that would lead me to the girl I am today.
This is the beginning of the worst year of my life. Would I go back and change things? Erase everything that has happened to go back into these moments?
Not a chance.
This is a story of before.
My Review:
  This is short story part of the Heven and Hell series, I did not know that when I got it free I just wanted a free book lol but I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to give it a go. It was full of secret love and loyalty and I was pulled in to find out more and on my next trip for new books this series has moved itself up to the top with this short story.

A Darker Shade Of Grey
by S.E. Holmes
Rating: 3/5
Summary:
After three trying months, Jace must get through one last week of work with elder twin brothers, both on parole for burglary, both total jerks. And then he's free of the family who've held him down for seventeen years. On arrival at the eerie locale of their final contract, a young girl with a crippled body warns him off Grey Manor, insisting no-one enter the abandoned mansion. But a lost cameo worth two million dollars is hidden inside and Jace faces the impossible task of keeping his greedy brothers out. When he witnesses a grisly death at the hands of the supposedly missing Lady Grey, Jace learns the girl's words are not easily dismissed, forced to unravel the mystery before it unravels him. Leaving has never been harder and the only one with answers is a comatose girl trapped by an entity whose vengeance knows no bounds
My Review:
  I am not much for ghost stories and as another free read I thought I would give it a try. It was okay not great but not terrible either it was an interesting story and had a bit of excitement but I was not wowed and that is that.

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Part 1
by Jennifer Malone Wright
Rating: 5/5
Summary:
Fourteen-year-old Chloe witnesses her mother’s murder at the hands of a vampire. Before the vampire can kidnap her, there is an unexpected rescue by a group of vampire hunters. Overwhelmed by the feeling of safety, Chloe passes out and they whisk her away to their small community.
When Chloe wakes, she comes face to face with the only other living relative, besides her mother, whom she has ever met: her grandfather. Chloe’s mother kept her hidden from the family; now, Chloe tries to unveil the family secrets.
Through her grandfather, she learns her mother was a vampire hunter. In fact, her entire family is descended from the powerful bloodlines of vampire hunters. Chloe agrees to join the family she has never known for one reason only: Chloe vows to kill the vampire responsible for her mother’s murder.
With vengeance in her soul, Chloe is even more determined to follow through on her vow when she discovers the true identity of her enemy and how he is connected to her.
My Review:
 This was a fantastic short read and my only regret is that I do not have more parts of this short story series. The idea behind this story was very cool and I can not wait to learn more about Chloe and the journey she will face to learn her new place in the world and avenge her mothers death. Very very good writing I loved it.


Well those are my short stories Happy Reading Friends!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment