Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Thursday 13 December 2012

Red

Red
by Kait Nolan
Rating: 5/5
Goodreads Summary:
Every fairy tale has a dark side... 

Elodie Rose has a secret. Any day, she’ll become a wolf and succumb to the violence that’s cursed her family for centuries. For seventeen years she’s hidden who and what she is. But now someone knows the truth and is determined to exterminate her family line. Living on borrowed time in the midst of this dangerous game of hide and seek, the last thing Elodie needs to do is fall in love. But Sawyer is determined to protect her, and the brooding, angry boy is more than what he seems. Can they outsmart a madman? And if they survive, will they find a way to beat the curse for good?

My Review:
I've had this book on my Kobo for a while but when I caught sight of it and remembered it was about werewolves (which I am a big fan of) I dove right in, plus the cover is so dark and beautiful at the same time that it drew me in. The book was awesome I was pulled in right away and I just couldn't get enough, and just a little tid bit of info for ya I really liked the names of the main characters (Elodie and Sawyer) 
**Some Spoilers**
 I have a terrible soft spot for sexy werewolf books and this one was great.  The story was a bit different then ones I have read before, Elodie thinks that she is cursed and is preparing for her death which she believes will happen soon like all of her ancestors before her, then along comes Sawyer (on my I was sooo in love with him lol!) and he changes everything now they must run from the hunter to save Elodie and those around her.
 I felt bad for Elodie being passed down  a bunch of lies and her poor father loving his daughter but also afraid of what she may become both unaware that it is not so scary and simple as they may think. Now Sawyer he was fantastic he had a sexy dark and brooding side and he had a lot of anger which made his wolf hard to control especially when it came to Elodie's safety he was so protective of her, which is by far my favorite  part of werewolves which seems to be present in all werewolf book. I just could not get enough of him this is all I could picture:
I know I know wrong werewolf, but he totally deserves the shout out hahaha.
   The whole hunter part of the story was exciting and when the hunter was revealed (won't spoil that one for you it's a brain blower) and Elodie said:
"Maybe Superman's disguise wasn't so stupid after all" 
it was the perfect line, I was so shocked about the reveal and then I was laughing out loud at the awesomeness of this line, plus the nerd inside me then rethought my position on superhero disguises :).
The writing was really well done especially when they were changing it was almost like I could feel it. The last chapters were the best they just kept building and building and just when I thought everything had been revealed.....BAM there was more. The ending was perfect and I am very glad I read this book.
Happy Reading Friends!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment