Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Review- Secret Seekers Society and the beast of bladenboro

Title: Secret Seekers Society and the beast of bladenboro
Author: J.L. Hickey
Rating: 5/5
Summary
Secret Seekers Society and the Beast of Bladenboro follows the young protagonists Hunter Glenn, and Eliza Lynn through an adventure ripe with adversity, paranormal monsters, secret societies, and most haunting of all, a life without their parents.

It all happened one fall afternoon when they learned that their parent’s plane had gone down overseas, never to be seen again. 

The book follows the siblings as they are dropped off at their new guardian’s home, an ancient and creepy mansion known only as the Belmonte Estate. Here they unravel the secrets of their parent’s true identities, the origin of the mysterious Mansion, and their inheritance into an ancient secret society of monster hunters known as Seekers.

My Review
I downloaded this book free from amazon and after much nagging from a friend telling me I needed to hurry up and read this book I finally did, and I was not disappointed. This book was mysterious, heartwarming, and action packed, it even contained monsters and legends some I had heard of and some new ones like Treyer the giant green puppy who stole my heart.
The mystery surrounding the creepy mansion was written in such a way as to reveal just enough but not to much keeping me entertained and curious. I loved the image of this big scary building filled with excitement and danger. I also enjoyed how the author had the ability to write from multiple points of view so seamlessly I didn't even notice at first and I was pleased with that as I am not usually a fan since it can be distracting to me sometimes but that was not the case here.
The idea of a secret society that hunts, kills, and saves the paranormal and misunderstood of the world was neat and the Enlightenment to come will I think really open some doors into the world and allow the reader to find more of this world well I think so any way. I think this book was a fantastic start to what I am sure is going to be a very exciting series.
I loved getting to know the characters in this book  they all brought something to the table and now that I know what I know I am looking forward to seeing them on this journey. I know now that one beast is just the tip of the iceberg and after all they have been through and survived, not only Hunter and Elly but the adults too, so much more is left to be revealed and discovered. 

 I hope we get to know more about the adults like Uncle Joe, Ben and Abrm and how they got to the mansion and their jobs there. Mostly i want to know about the whole Dominick thing as it seems to be the root of a lot of the trouble. Anyway don't be like me listen when I say you should read this book  its a fun ride full of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment