Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 15 September 2013

Review- Ashes and Ice (Ashes and Ice #1)

Title: Ashes and Ice
Author: Rochelle Maya Callen
Rating: 5 out of 5

Summary
She is desperate to remember.
He is aching to forget.
Together, they are not broken.
But together, one may not survive.

​Jade wakes up with no memory of her past and blood on her hands. 

Plagued by wicked thoughts, she searches for answers. Instead, she finds a boy who doesn't offer her answers, but hope. But sometimes, when nightmares turn into reality and death follows you everywhere, hope is not enough. 

LUST. LOVE. LOSS. Sometimes, all that is left are Ashes and Ice.

My Review

 I won this book at a launch party a while ago and I`m so glad I finally got the time to read it, this book was a breath of fresh air to me and I enjoyed everything about it. I really liked the pace of the book and the short chapters kept me interested and wanting to know what will come next, also loved that each one switched between Connor`s and Jade`s points of view, it gave insight to both sides while keeping the mystery alive.
   Jade was a great big question mark I wanted to know answers as much as she did like how did she get there, why doesn`t her heart beat, and so many other things. I thought her mystery unfolded beautifully and in such a way, that let me tell you I did not see coming, what a unique take on an age old story and I can`t wait to get more, especially now that so much is out in the open with so much still left to be discovered. Conor oh Conor I fell for this sweet awkward guy who suffered so much and deserved so much more. I will always have a soft spot for the lovable nerd, but Conor was not only that he was also a fierce spirit ready to fight for love.

  What an ending my heart broke, and I cried tears of joy and sadness, I can`t believe I was left hanging like that, I need answers so bad I want to know more about Jade`s past, about the mystery man and most of all I want to see Conor and Jade`s love prevail, the universe seems to be telling them they need each other and I believe they do too. I am so glad I got to read this and if you have been putting it off then get on it lol, it is worth it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment