Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 19 January 2014

Review- Element Part 1

Title: Element Part 1
Author: CM Doporto
Genre: New Adult Romance/Sci-Fi/Urban Fantasy
Rating: 4/5
Summary
College freshman, Natalie Vega, offers to be a test patient for several vitamins and supplements created by Kronberg Laboratories, a large pharmaceutical company where she interns. Immediately her body starts going through physical changes but when she runs into her former high school crush, Ryan Garrett, she is unaware of the life altering affects he will have on her.

My Review
I won a paperback copy of this book in a swag pack from a facebook party.
This is not the first book I have read by Ms Doporto and I enjoyed the Eslites so I was interested to see how this one would go, and honestly I enjoyed this book and I read it very quickly as I found the flow to be great and I was very captivated by the very hot and steamy romance between Natalie and Ryan. So why the 4 stars you ask well I will tell you, This book would have been 5 stars if not for two things. First of all I felt a little cheated out of the paranormal aspect that I was sure would accompany this book and yes it showed up here and there and then in a big way later on but I wish there was more, which brings me to my second reason there was so much happening towards the end and I must confess I'm a little miffed I got left hanging like that,I waited so long and endured the build up only to be left hanging when things got really good, but if memory serves me right this is the authors forte and I will give her this I definitely want to come back for more, so well done there. 
Now the romance was great in this book and thank goodness for Natalie's Grandma and her sound advice, I was worried I would have to suffer through her flip-flop for a long time about Ryan, but she took a leap of faith and in my opinion she got a great reward, because let me tell you the hot sexy cowboy definitely had my vote and even more so as time wore on, he captured my heart over and over. Natalie was okay for me, I liked her but I feel like I need more and maybe it's my need for more information on her abilities but I hope I can find out more soon. I'm glad I got time for this and I enjoyed the fun fast paced read.

No comments:

Post a Comment