Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Friday 7 February 2014

Review- One Minute Gone

Title: One Minute Gone (Porter Hall #1)
Author: David Hansard
Rating: 5/5
Summary
Porter Hall is was raised in the West and is familiar with animals that can kill you in under a minute. But those will seldom attack unless their survival is threatened, or maybe because they're hungry. Yet for all his Western survival skills, he is out of his element among the rich and famous in the middle of New York City, one of the most sophisticated places in the world. In Manhattan, where he is raising six-year-old twins as a single father, he is about to confront the most lethal predator on the planet, his fellow humans. Unlike the untamed creatures of the West, these will kill for revenge or money or love, or sometimes the simple pleasure of killing. In ONE MINUTE GONE, Porter Hall must untangle the riddle of why someone would want to harm him, find out who it is, and stop them before he and his family are destroyed.

My Review
I won this book on Goodreads first reads and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this book and I am glad I got to read this cool thrill ride. I was pulled into this mystery very quickly, the author did a wonderful job of dropping just the right amount of clues that I was kept interested, and at times I found it hard to put this book down.
I really liked Porter Hall he had a fun quick wit, he was smart, and he had a quick temper, he was flawed yes but I think he was aware of that and it kinda gave him an edge on the overly confident enemies in his life. I will admit that some of the dialog was weird to me, it was kinda like a cheesy action movie and had me laughing for the wrong reason, that is why I could not give this book five stars, the rest of the book was well done and I enjoyed myself. I found the plot exciting and a little scandalous, if this were a movie I would be front row for the psychological twists and turns with the suspense of being hunted thrown in.
I was pleased with the way things were wrapped up and how all the pieces seemed to fit, but this being book one I know there will be more and I have a small idea as to what it may be about, there were a few things left unfinished and I can see our hero getting into a few more messes and I would be happy to read along.

No comments:

Post a Comment