Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 9 March 2014

Review Event- Talented (Talented 1) by Sophie Davis


Title: Talented (Talented 1)
Author: Sophie Davis
Rating: 5/5
Summary
When Talia Lyons was just a child, her parents were murdered before her eyes. Offered a choice between accepting their fate and exacting revenge, Talia trains to become one of the country’s deadliest assassins in order to kill the man responsible for their deaths: Ian Crane. Luckily, Talia was born with a gift- the ability to read and influence the minds of others. At sixteen, Talia is poised to graduate from the McDonough School for the Talented, where she learned to control her abilities. Now there is only one obstacle standing between her and the retribution she craves... Talia herself.
Her greatest asset may also be her undoing; while a formidable weapon in the field, Talia’s talents prevent her from both shutting off the mental connection she shares with her questionable boyfriend and blocking out the thoughts of a beguiling fellow recruit. But Talia can’t afford to have the feelings and distractions of a normal teenage girl, when her life is far from normal.
She must regain the single-minded determination that has brought her this far, or it may cost Talia her life when she finally faces Crane. And even after being molded in to a weapon of war, she’ll still have to find the strength it takes to pull the trigger.
If James Bond and Sookie Stackhouse had a love child with a yearning for vengeance, her story would be 

TALENTED: an adventure about powerful teenagers who aren’t afraid to embrace their fears and fight for what they believe in.

My Review
 I joined a cool facebook event and for reading and reviewing this book I will be entered to win prizes, if you also have a blog and this book sounds good to you (which it should cause it's great LOL) then head over to the page and check it out:
 I want to start by saying it has been a while since I have read a book about mind powers and I think that is because in the past I have been let down several times in the past, some have had many holes and seem far fetched and yes I know having mind powers is far fetched but I feel like it should still be relate able.... well this book was the exception, the idea behind how hers and other powers was well developed, well explained and with the way things are going in the world it was understandable that this is were we are headed. Talia's talent was complex but well thought out and explained in a perfect manor that left me satisfied and very interested. So if you  thought this is just another mind reading book, you are wrong it is so much more than that and so much better.
 The underlying plot of TOXIC vs The Coalition was of course present but I liked how it took a backseat to Talia`s training while we got to know her and those around her. Her blind faith in Toxic was something I noticed from the beginning, I mean no one is perfect but something about TOXIC  seemed shady from the start (but I could be wrong so don`t listen to me haha), and don`t worry our strong, smart and revenge filled heroine finds her footing along the way and I think after he solo mission things will definitely change.
Now lets take a moment to talk about the men in this book, I guess being a pledge for the hunters (a mainly male dominated field) had its`s advantages, well it did for me!!!, if my imagination and the descriptions are correct this place is crawling with HOTTIES! So Donavan is Talias childhood sweetheart and I thought he was cute and he seemed nice, but then we have Erik who is a ladies man charming the pants off all the girls he wants, but also he would risk his life for his team mates and the ones he loves (He proved it more than once) and I know deep down behind the mask of confidence and smart ass jokes he has a good heart. The love triangle for me was a bit different and I think it has to do with Donavans actions, which I am not going to tell you because I loved that part were a big secret is revealed and everyone should get the same exciting experience, And for anyone wondering... TEAM ERIK all the way!!
I can not wait for book two, I want to know more about the war, I want to know more about Erik and most of all I want to know more about the ominous statement Donavan made in the Epilogue. I love the idea behind this book and I can tell the layers run deep. Sophie Davis is smart and this book shows it, she knows hoe to suck you in, give you the feels and leave you wanting more, and I am very excited to continue this series and any other book she has written and I strongly suggest you do too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment