Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Friday 11 April 2014

Review- John Dreamer (John Dreamer 1)




Title: John Dreamer 
Author: Elise Celine
Series: John Dreamer book 1
Rating: 4/5







Summary
Andy wasn’t usually sure about much, but she was absolutely certain this was the weirdest day of her life as she stood stranded in the middle of a great white room with six strangers. Well, they were mostly strangers. She could have sworn she’d seen the guy with the green eyes before, and maybe that was why he kept staring at her. 
When a man calling himself the Guardian appeared and said they had come to make their deepest dreams come true, they embark on an adventure none of them ever imagined, and the consequences of their actions would change them forever.
"John Dreamer" is the first in a series of books set in the confines of the Great White Room.


My Review
 I got this book courtesy of Netgalley and when I looked at it I thought it sounded really cool, and it was a good read but maybe just not as good as I had hyped it up to be. Now overall I really enjoyed this book and I actually read it rather quickly. The deep underlying message is one we can all relate to, and I was very pleased with how it was written. Also worth a mention is the beautiful cover and the equally beautiful pictures that accompanied each chapter.
Seven strangers pop up in a white room and just when I thought it was gonna be seven strangers talking in a white room (boring right?) well no not boring at all, things happen and change swiftly and I was surious the whole time...who was next? and what would they discover? Sometimes I thought they were a little clueless but then again things always look different from the outside in. It was neat how they were kind of forced onto each other and through their similar misfortune they become closer and learn some very deep buried truths they never knew they needed to know. I very quickly became attached to this rag-tag group and I really wish that things did not end so quickly I got to know more about the great and wonderful things they did outside the white room.
This book is well worth the read and you may even learn some things about yourself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment