Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Friday 20 June 2014

Review- Persistence of Memory (Den of Shadows 5)




Title: Persistence of memory

Author: Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Series: Den of Shadows book 5

Rating: 4/5






Summary
Sixteen-year-old Erin Misrahe just wants to be like everyone else in her new school. But Erin has more to worry about than passing AP Chemistry or making friends. In times of stress, she has always been overcome by her alter ego, Shevaun, whose violent behavior wreaks havoc on those around her. Erin can never remember anything about these episodes, and she’s grateful to have been spared them for a while.

But when a protective friend comes back into Erin’s life, he insists that Shevaun is a vampire who actually exists apart from Erin. Shevaun has dangerous allies, like the handsome witch Adjila—and they’re determined to sever Shevaun’s connection to Erin once and for all.

My Review
First of all I want to say this is number five in Den of Shadows series and I have not read any of the others but that does not matter, they are more companion Novels set in the same world, and I have been told some characters show up in different ones so that's neat, but this book on it's own gave me all the information I needed and it read like a book one not a book five and I am really glad for that since this book caught my eye and I got it cheap and really wanted to read it before having to buy and read four others lol. The story definitely held my attention first because I wanted to know if Shevaun was real and then because I wanted to know how it was possible that she could be real. 

The world contained Witches, Vampires and Shape shifters but I really liked the little twist each of them have in this book and I was glad to see new ideas on an old concept. I raced through this book and I enjoyed how things were wrapped up, I am a sucker for a happy ending and this book delivered a cute one. I would really like to read others in this series as I really enjoyed the writing and the world the characters live in and I think it would be fun to see more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment