Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Review- Born To Fight (Born 2)

Title: Born To Fight 
Author: Tara Brown
Series: Born book 2
Rating: 4/5

Summary
When Emma wakes strapped to a cold metal table she has only one name on her lips, "Marshall!" What she doesn't expect is discovering that he is only one of the disturbing people in her small world who deserves to die in a fiery death. 

Twenty years ago scientists made some remarkable discoveries with genetics and the ability to perfect the babies we gave birth to.

Ten years ago the governments of the world made a hard choice, earth or people.

Nine weeks ago the choices they made came full circle.

Fourteen days ago the truth of their mutations leaked out into the borderlands and other areas.

Yesterday the worst thing they ever made learned about what she was.

Today she's coming for them and she knows about the strengths they gave her.

Tomorrow she plans on destroying everything.

She plans on starting with her her own creator. Her own father.
Mature Content Warning



My Review
Book 1 had a crazy cliffhanger and since I had this one I moved one right away, now I did not love this one as much as the first but it is a very solid sequel and I am very happy to continue on and see where things go from here. I found a much deeper connection with Emma in this book and I believe it's because I feel like I understand her a lot better after so many secrets were revealed right off the bat, I do also have an issue with so much being let out all at once, it felt like it started off really strong and then it plateaued for a bit, all of the action and gore was still there but it felt like a lot of the drama was removed and only fighting remained.
There were times that the act of killing comes so easy for them and I have to remind myself that they are at war and when Anna and Emma talk about it and say that the people they kill just chose the wrong side, it made it less of an issue because war has casualties and they are the price that must be paid. I love the action and the gore in this series, the world they live in is brutal and it shows but sometimes I felt like the plot got scattered and some things just happen for the sake of action and it makes it feel a little forced.
The love triangle is still a sore spot for me I feel like I know who she will choose and so does she but it is being dragged out but I also get that Emma is very lost in the relationship department so I can understand her confusion and unease.
I am excited to finish the series and I will read the next one soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment