Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Review- Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga 4)



Title: Redemption
Author: H.D. Gordon
Series: The Alexa Montgomery Saga 4
Rating: 5/5









Summary
The final test is here. The war is no longer a worry of tomorrow, but a reality of today. Turning back is no longer an option. Maybe it never was. It is time for Alexa Montgomery to look fate in the eyes. Death waits there for certain. The only question is... for who?

My Review
DAMN this book made me feel soooo much!!
This is by far my favorite series and as heartbreaking as it was for the series to have to end and the book itself was one of the saddest endings I have ever read, this is my favorite book of the four. I absolutely love Gordon's writing she has a way with words and a way of making you feel so many things all at once, my favorite thing about this book is that the theme of this book is very dark and both Alexa and Nelly carry a dark side that they can't control and yet this story is full of so much beautiful pure love and devotion that it shines a light through the darkness, giving the whole thing a haunting beauty.
The ending was so sad but as I think about it I know it could not have gone any other way and I will grieve the loss but rejoice in the series overall. I know all of this sounds cheesy and that's why I will keep this review brief all I want is for this book to be as well known as the likes of Twilight cause it is so much better than that and it needs worldwide love.
I don't have much to say that wont spoil things so read this book and then look me up cause I can talk Alexa Montgomery and friends all night long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment