Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 22 February 2015

Book Review- Lullaby (The Watersong Quartet 2)

Title: Lullaby (The Watersong Quartet 2)
Author: Amanda Hocking
Format: paperback
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis:

Don't miss the next chapter of Watersong, a bold new series that will enchant you, entrance you, and hold you captive under its spell

Now that Gemma Fisher has inherited Penn, Lexi, and Thea's curse - and all the strange new powers that come along with it - she has no choice but to run away with them. Devastated that she has to leave everyone she loves behind, she's still determined not to give in to the unspeakable hungers that plague her.
Unfortunately, they're growing stronger every day, and she's not sure how much longer she can resist.
Harper won't give up on finding her sister Gemma, vowing to get her back no matter what the cost. The search draws her closer to too-gorgeous-for-his-own-good Daniel, and tests her fiercely guarded independence like never before. She's always been the strong one who everyone else depends on.... Can she let herself depend on Daniel?

As Gemma and Harper plunge deeper into a magical world they barely understand, it becomes painfully clear that Gemma's old life may be lost forever. But can she still hold on to her humanity?

My Review:
Book one took me a while to get into and I had the same problem with this one, but once again I found thst I got sucked in and actually ended up enjoying the last half, I was also lost a bit since I read book one a while ago so that may be a factor. My favorite thing about this series is the mythology about the sirens, how they came to be and how they survive, I don't know much about sirens but I do know these ones are scarier and a lot different then I imagined. 
Harper remains my favorite character and I love the relationship between her and Daniel there is an intense chemistry that bounces off the page and I can't wait to watch them fall in love (we all know it has to happen lol) nd I look forward to much more shirtless Daniel in the near future and I really look forward to answers about his "gift".
Gemma is not someone I am a huge fan of but my love for Harper compels me to put up with her and I've noticed I dislike her less and less as time goes on. Gemma and Alex are kinda cute together but they are no Harper and Daniel and I'm not sure I much care if they end up together. 
Although I feel wishy washy about these books, for the most part I enjoy them and I will continue on so I can see how it all ends.

And since my paperback came with a bonus in the form of a novella in the watersong series I will give a super quick review of that.
Aggie is a mythological creature on a secret mission.  Lydia is a young woman from a magical family with no real powers of her own. And Daniel is a high school boy who’s made it his duty to protect his deeply troubled older brother.  Then one fateful night, their lives collide in a terrifying accident that changes them all forever. And beneath the surface, the ripple effects of the accident will have more impact than anyone could ever guess...changing not only their future, but the fate of an entire town.
5/5 stars.

My Review:
I loved this novella, it was an awesome look into the backround of a few characters and it made me excited to read more. I'm enjoying this series more as I continue and this little gem was a great addition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment