Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Saturday 21 February 2015

Book Review- Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (Thirst #4)

Title: Shadow of Death (Thirst 4)
Author: Christopher Pike
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis:

Alisa is a five-thousand-year-old vampire, stronger and more cunning than her adversaries. But now she's trapped in the body of a newborn vampire and at the mercy of a terrible thirst. Worst of all, she's facing enemies whose fierce desire for domination grows ever stronger.

The immortal race the Telar is threatening to release a virus to decimate humanity. But Alisa and her friends can't take down the Telar on their own, and they must turn to the mysterious organization the IIC for help. But the IIC has secrets of its own and may have ulterior motives.

With two rivals and no one to trust, Alisa must rely on her dark side to defeat them. But it could cost her life, or her soul...

My Review:

I find this book very hard to describe, this being book 4 things have gitten very twisted and complicated and even though I have read the first three books I was extremely lost for a while but it fairness it has been a very long time since I read the last books.
I'm still unsure how I feel about it, I liked it and I read it rather quickly but I'm just not sure I can love this series and I think the large religious nature turns me off just a little bit but the action and drama make up for it and I know I will finish this series off cause I'm dying to find out how this ends.
I wish this book had more matt, dont get me wrong I love seymore and I hope he gets the girl but I live matt and although he was present it was not the same and I missed him.
The tellar and IIC are just the beginning Sita has some much bigger things to deal with and it will be an exciting adventure I'm sure of it. 
Book 5 is on its way to me and I'm eager to read more of Pike's great writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment